Wanna make a few bucks? Then work it!

If you're looking for some get rich quick scheme for online wealth, let me be the first (or hundredth) to tell you: It ain't happening! But, if you have a passion for something, anything, and you're pretty much willing to pursue that desire even if you don't make any money---you just might make some.

Here, I'll share my research, ideas and empirical stories about what I've done, what I do and what I'm planning.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Is Chitika.com a good alternative to AdSense?

Chitika is an advertising service which offers publishers online, search-targeted textual advertising over online and mobile platforms, not unlike what Google's AdSense does. Chitika serves up over two billion ads per month. Pretty impressive.

I joined their program and began a test about a month ago, placing their code on a few of my most highly trafficked pages and those which do quite well with AdSense. Research assured me that placing their code on the same pages would not adversely affect my AdSense account or revenues. Unless, of course, some people click on a Chitika ad instead of an AdSense ad and I get substantially less money for the click.

So, how does Chitika fare in comparison? So far, not good. On just one of the pages which has Chitika code, I have had 1,377 impressions and 17 clicks in the last seven days, earning me a grand total of 31 cents. What? Less than half-a-penny per click? I don't this is going to work out.

From AdSense ads for the same page, I earned $37.20. And honestly, it's usually higher than that, but I think I lost some revenue to the 17 people who clicked on the Chitika ads.

I'm going to continue testing it on other pages, but will probably remove their program from my busier pages. Perhaps Chitika will be successful in brining in more revenue on pages that currently don't do well financially. I have seen mentioned numerous times that Chitika is more successful if you have European visitors. Hmmmm. Don't know why, but maybe I'll add the words "bloke" and "mate" to my pages and see if that helps. :)

If you have a different experience, or some tips on how to make Chitika perform better, I'd love to hear from you.



No comments:

Post a Comment